Bridal fashionistas say that while style may not change drastically year-to-year, consider the following trends when deciding whether to stay traditional or go creative.
- Brides aren’t just wearing white anymore. Wedding dresses with colorful and watercolor floral patterns with just the right pop of color are becoming a popular look this year
- Capes can add a second detachable look to an otherwise unadorned wedding gown
- Partial overlay skirts can add volume to a wedding dress and detach later during the reception
- Off-the-shoulder dresses add a sexy look to even the most simply designed wedding gown
- Dresses with cropped tops and layers of lace are trending for 2016. Layered lace on top of embroidered tulle add texture and detail while cropped tops show just the right amount of skin
- Many brides are choosing “Blush” colored wedding dresses with a hint of rose or a tint of blue with bridesmaid dresses in darker, matching tints
- Wedding dresses with plunging or “V” Necklines can be sexy and dramatic
- Creative Seating Plans (moving away from large, round tables that give the feel of a conference to a mix of round and rectangular tables)
- Non-floral centerpieces using crepe-paper flowers or sparkly jewels. In addition, foil printing can add to embellish the bling elements in your stationery and invitations
- Popular this year are pairing cocktails with food (one-bite tacos with margarita shooters). Trays filled with crispy won tons, fish tacos, and over sized devil dogs are taking the place of cheese and crackers, shrimp, and sliced pieces of wedding cake
- Partially frosted cakes adorned with fruit or fresh flowers with hand painting that matches the motif of your wedding dress or invitations
- Tiered cheesecakes or a wide selection of pies. Consider using these sweet options rather than a traditional tiered wedding cake
- A cabaret singer, a retro orchestra, or a rock band with or without a DJ. Orchestras and live singers can amplify the ambiance of your wedding entertainment
Check out Akron, Ohio wedding photography on our Facebook page as these new trends make their debut in 2016!